Saturday, July 17, 2010

It doesn't matter whether or not you're studying. You're always learning about life.

At the time, it feels like WAY more than you EVER wanted to know. The lesson is why people do the things they do - it's not hard to understand, but sometimes it's hard to accept - so, some people choose not to understand. As for me, I'm working on accepting, since acceptance is the first step to recovery. =P

Okay, enough of the heavy. Update: I am very happy in my new home. I looooove my new zamila amreekeeya Monica; I really enjoy spending my entire life with her, from dawn to dusk.

My new host mother Lana is the WOMAN....she's so strong. Her husband lives and works in America, and she's been raising the kids on her own for the past few years. She resists every attempt by her family to get her to move in with them. They don't understand how she can manage a house on her own. They obviously don't understand much. She encourages her daughter Zaina to continue to be BA at soccer, even though, once again, she gets a lot of people asking her how she can support her female child playing sports....the same people who just don't understand. She's good for a quality discussion.

I'm halfway through my second session of classes. The days seem to alternate - one day I'll feel like the all-knowing Queen of Arabic, and the next it seems like I know absolutely nothing at all. And vice versa. That's the mark of learning, right? Learning. Learning, learning, learning. I can't even begin to tell you. L. E. A. R. N. I. N. G. If you ever want your head to feel similar to a stuffed animal that somebody left on the stuffing machine for too long, enroll in an AMIDEAST summer intensive Arabic program. I MEAN THIS IN A GOOD, AMAZING, WONDERFUL WAY.

I miss my cat soooooo much. Roommates: if you read this, please please please give her a hug for me.

I have $100 left in my bank account for the next 2.5 weeks, which translates to about 70 JDs - let's just say it's one of the many reasons I am relieved to be coming home soon.

I <3 Jordan at night.

Ma-Salaama, Shukran for reading my stream-of-consciousness blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment