Saturday, July 3, 2010

People aren't always what they seem...but I still have faith in them.

Wellll....I had a slight problem with my current host family, involving...I won't go into details. I've been moved to a new place. I feel awful about my old host mother and the kids...I know they must be really upset. But, there's nothing I can do about it. I couldn't stay there. I didn't feel comfortable. I hate when things like this happen...but they happen. Also, I left most of my clothes there and I have to wait for an Amideast representative to go and pick them up. I should get them sometime later today, but seriously. I just want clean underwear NOW.

I'm now at a new place. It's just a mother, Lana, and her two children. The father lives in America. I really like it a lot. Lana is wonderful, and so are her children. I have my own room, AND there is another American student living here. Her name is Monica. She's awesome. I hate to say it, but I can already tell that I'll be much more comfortable here. Things are more low-key. It's only women and babies. I have much more privacy. Inshallah, pictures of my new family will be up soon. I'm not going to the wedding I was going to go to with my other family, but I'm going to a DIFFERENT wedding today with my new family. Go figure. Lol. Monica is loaning me a dress.

Tomorrow I'm going on a second trip to the Dead Sea with Amideast...very excited about swimming. I'm swimming so much this summer - I didn't think I would be at all. I love swimming. Actually, I've realized, I need swimming. I've totally lucked out.

It's really hard for me to express myself in this blog without being too explicit about current events in my life. All I can say is that I try not to hate people for their actions - I try to feel sorry for them. It's hard.

I guess it would seem to an outsider like this has been a super traumatic transition for me, but it really hasn't, for some reason. I'm just glad I'm where I am.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're some place where you feel safe now, another learning experience...sounds like you are "going with the flow" and not getting too stressed:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're resettling well...
    Clean underwear ftw!

    ReplyDelete