Thursday, July 1, 2010

I am currently eating a cucumber whole.

This is because I'm trying to diet. Because for the past two mornings I had free breakfast at a hotel in Aqaba and I am ashamed of the number of pastries I ate.

The Red Sea is beautiful. The water on the beach is very clean and the resort I stayed at with Trent, Shereen and Emily was fabulous. We could only afford it because one of our study abroad program helpers got us a deal. I spent the entire time just swimming and laying in the sun. It was great.

My trip is more than halfway completed now. My first round of classes is over, and my week-long break is nearly over. I start up again on Monday. I'm glad because, frankly, I am slightly bored just sitting in my bedroom in Amman. It doesn't take much, hey?

I'm not going to lie, I really miss home. I miss Michigan, and the Great Lakes, and trees, and my cat, and my family, and my friends, and MTU, and Houghton, and Suomi, and the Portage, and McLain State Park, and the farm, and Pelkie, and the Sturgeon River, and Taco Bell, and people turning off the TV and the lights when they leave the room.

That said, I'm still going to enjoy my time here as much as I can because I only have five more weeks. Tomorrow I get to go to a wedding party (yay!), and soon the World Cup will be over and I'll be able to get into restaurants without a minimum charge again (double yay).

1 comment:

  1. Yep, this is about the right time to long for home. Give it 10 days and things will get easier again. Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete